Sunday, November 30, 2008

Looking Back


Over the past few weeks, I have learned a bit about design and interested I thought I never had. I have noticed a pattern in my writing. Mechanics and humanity and what goes in to a simple solution to create a simple design. I have touched upon human power in Kenya to the discoveries of the light bulb by inventors. It was very fascinating to see what I ended up researching and writing about. I learned a ton of info on green designs in third world countries and have been incorporating human power in other projects I have currently working on now. There are tons of ways human powered and green designs can be incorporated in most appliances. The mechanics of human power is very simple. In my research, I had discovered that third world countries the CO2 emissions is a less than half of developed ones. This is sad because although we are more developed and we still are doing more damage the atmosphere. There are so many simple steps we can take to contribute to the growing problem.

As designer, I think we should move forward and create a trend and a want of this human powered energy. There is so much natural movement out there that can be adapted to create a power supply for our needs. You walk every day, you talk, you breathe, why can’t these action be captured or used toward energy.

...in progress...

No comments: